These articles culled from recent issues of Podiatry Management magazine are focused upon podiatric practice management-from office management to staff issues, from coding/reimbursement to medical economics, from patient relations to multidisciplinary issues, from practice building to keeping up with the digital world. In short, this section is devoted to the "how-to's" of practice growth and prosperity.
- A Backwards Look at Retirement Planning
Here’s what the distribution phase can teach us about the accumulation phase.
- majorShould All Podiatrists Be Primarily Surgeons?
Surgical and clinical practitioners should co-exist.
- “Top of Mind” Staff Topics—Part 2
Here are more quick, candid solutions to some frequently-asked questions.
- Thinking of Divorcing Your Bank?
These five steps will make a tough job easier.
- Five Steps to Managing Your Online Brand
If your reputation on the Internet is not a positive one, it could sabotage your practice.
- Who Answers the Phone in Your Healthcare Practice?
These are the core requirements on every call.
- Understanding and Preventing Employee Burnout
There are a number of ways to prevent this problem.
- Safety, Regulation, Compliance, and Billing of In-Office Ambulatory Surgeries
Office surgery accreditation can be attained by adhering to the state and agency standards.
- Three Steps to Exceptional Patient Service
Take your practice to the next level.
- “Top of Mind” Staff Topics—Part 1
Here are quick, candid solutions to some frequently-asked questions.
- Getting Back to Basics
These fundamentals are the keys to success.
- Reductio Ad Absurdum
Evidence and logical thought ultimately prevail.
- Boy Scouts Merit Badge and Student Recruitment
An Ohio DPM is leading a movement to involve Scouts in podiatry.
- Essential Financial Metrics
Use these benchmarks to evaluate your practice’s health.
- How to Reward Your Employee (Aside from a Pay Raise)
There are many ways to boost staff enthusiasm, motivation, and job satisfaction.
- Houston, We Have a Problem
Practices can learn valuable lessons from the Apollo 13 Mission.
- The Ten Commandments of Successful Practice Management
Following these rules will add value to your practice.
- Marketing Your Practice to the Diabetic Community
These 15 steps can increase your diabetic patient population.
- Single-Payer: Panacea or Pandora’s Box?
Is this a cure for a broken system?
- Creating Good Habits, Breaking Bad Ones
The key is to believe that change is possible.
- Bullying: A Toxin in the Workplace
This kind of behavior is not limited to children in the schoolyard.
- Strength in Numbers and an Old Solution to Degree Discrimination
- Leadership Across the Lifespan of a Podiatrist
It’s all about maintaining a work/life balance.
- “You Could Look It Up”
Apologies to Casey Stengel aside, every practice needs a rule book.
- New Rules for Taxing Pass-Through Income
It may be time to reconsider how to structure your practice.